Where has summer gone?! I’ve barely gone to the pool all summer so I’m soaking up the long weekend with a good book beside the closest body of water. If you’re doing the same, check out some of my favorites for August!
- Banana Republic Scoop Neck Pocket Tee (ON SALE!)- The struggle is so real to find a good white tee, even at Goodwill. These scoop neck tees from Banana Republic are so soft and lightweight. The scoop neck is very flattering and versatile. I bought this tee in 3 colors! These are currently on sale for 40% off!
- It Starts With Food – It Starts With Food outlines the plan and science behind Whole 30. If you aren’t familiar with Whole 30, it’s a 30 day nutritional program designed to change your life and view of food. This book explains the program and the science behind why and how certain food groups negatively impact your health and fitness. I could write an entire post on my experience with Whole 30, but you should read this book for yourself!
- CycleBar – After my first SoulCycle class a few years ago, I’ve craved a similar indoor cycling experience in Middle Tennessee. It’s finally here with CycleBar in Franklin! The amenities are top-notch, similar to those found in boutique studios in large cities. Every 50 minute ride comes with a complimentary water bottle, banana, shoe rental, and post work-out chilled towel. The studio is spacious and clean! My favorite perk is the in-class leaderboard showing your rank among fellow cyclers! It sparks my competitive spirit and pushes me harder. If you’re into keeping check on your stats, you receive an email after class with your “CycleStats” which you can compare to previous rides. Class packages are available online and in studio with some great specials for new riders!
- Jiffy Steamer Hand Held Steamer – My Jiffy Steamer is an extension of my arm. I’ve had my travel steamer since college, and it has been a LIFE SAVER! I don’t have the space for a full size steamer, and I think the hand-held works just as well. I like to add a couple of drops of lavender oil in the water to give my clothes a fresh scent! I’ve gifted this steamer to everyone and their mother…seriously. Plus, it’s made in my hometown!
- Hoopla – I’ve recently discovered my love for audiobooks. Listening to an audiobook while doing chores around the house makes the time pass quicker, and I’ve also found myself scrubbing the tub a little harder during dramatic scenes. Audible is a good option, but you’re only able to listen to one book per month for $14.95. If your local library offers Hoopla, you must subscribe! It’s a free app (with your library card) where you check out audiobooks free of charge and listen right on the Hoopla app! Hoopla also offers eBooks, movies, comics, music, and TV shows. The long weekend is the perfect time to download a new audiobook and relax by the pool!
What are you loving this month? Leave me a comment below with your August favorites!