This post contains affiliate links. If you click on or purchase through links included on this page, I may receive compensation.
The flirty and sensual personification of a woman in a men’s shirt splattered throughout pop culture is a far cry from the boxy, underwhelming shape of a men’s shapeless shirt. With a 99 cent men’s shirt from Goodwill, no cutting or sewing required, I reinvented a lackluster men’s shirt into a sassy and fun skirt and off the shoulder top. I previously claimed my DIY high-low hem denim as the easiest DIY ever, but this no-sew men’s shirt DIY takes the cake.
- Wrap the men’s shirt around your waist, and button it up to create the skirt. (Leave a couple of the bottom buttons undone if you want to show more leg.)
- Wrap the sleeves around your waist and tie tightly. Feel free to play around and tie a bow for a feminine touch.
No-Sew Off the Shoulder Top
Shirt: Men’s Shirt via Goodwill (Similar Splurge // Save); Skirt: Banana Republic, old (Similar Here or Here); Bag Nine West via Goodwill (Similar Splurge / Save); Shoes: Target, old (Similar Here or Here)
One day as I was casually scrolling through Instagram, I spotted this shirt on one of my favorite bloggers and immediately knew I had to DIY my own version.
- Put on an unbuttoned mens shirt.
- Pull the collar over your shoulder to the desired placement. (Hollywood Tape is really helpful here!)
- Button 2-3 buttons leaving the bottom 2-3 buttons unbuttoned.
- Tie up the leftover tails and voila!
I’ve worn this shirt several times, including at the Style With a Purpose event, and received oodles of compliments. A woman in Goodwill asked me to pose for some pictures so she could show her daughter. (She made me work it and strike several different poses.) People asked me about it all night long and were amazed at how easy it is to recreate a men’s shirt into a trendy top at a fraction of the cost!
Thank you for being patient with me as a took a mini-vacay from blogging, but I am now feeling rejuvenated and refreshed, ready to get my creative Goodwill juices pumping again. If you haven’t already subscribed to my emails, you NEED to because there is some exciting happenings in the works for those on my email list! (exclusive content, giveaways, more pictures of cats…just kidding) Signup below!