‘Tis the season for giving, and what better way to celebrate the holidays than to give a gift that empowers women, saves a seal, or provides a pair of shoes to an individual in need? I rounded up some gifting ideas for everyone on your gift list, naughty or nice.
- For her: Thistle Farms Body Polish Nashville based Thistle Farms empowers victims of trafficking, prostitution, and addiction through a residential program offering housing, medical care, therapy, education, and job training. Members and graduates of the residential program run a bath and body product line enabling the women to earn a living wage. The bath and body products use premium, natural ingredients that nourish your skin and the souls of the women at Thistle Farms.
- For him: Warby Parker Sunglasses I’ve been a fan of Warby Parker for several years now, and it’s not just because of their affordable prices. Employing the one for one concept, Warby Parker partners with nonprofits to ensure that for every pair of glasses sold, a person in need receives a pair as well.
- For the kiddos: Toms Rain Boots Toms has moved passed the original canvas slip-on, but their mission remains the same. A Toms purchase helps provide shoes, sight, water, safe birth, and bullying prevention services to those in need.
- For the tween: Lush Charity Pot I have an unhealthy obsession with Lush. The texture. The scent. The velvety body lotion. The stance against animal testing. I can’t get enough! 100% of the purchase price (minus taxes) of the Charity Pot is donated to small, grassroots organizations in the areas of environmental conservation, animal welfare, and human rights. Soft hands, warm heart. Win. Win.
- For the animal lover: International Fund for Animal Welfare Making a gift to the International Fund for Animal Welfare is a great way to honor the person who has everything. Gifting options include filling an orphaned bear’s bottle, providing care kits for two cats in Mexico, teaching an orphaned elephant new skills, or protecting grey seals in Canada.
- For the wino: ONEHOPE Wine ONEHOPE donates 50% of profits from wine sales to charitable organizations and social causes. Each variety of wine supports a different charity or cause. One bottle of ONEHOPE Brut Sparkling Wine provides 15 meals to a child in need. Now, I can drink to that!
- For the hostess: Baskets of Peace for Rwanda Rwandan artisans handcraft the woven basket out of natural materials through a fair trade collaboration with Global Goods Partners. Artisans receive 50% of the wholesale price for each item sold.
- For the fashionista: The Giving Keys Those recovering from homelessness repurpose old keys into jewelry and engrave inspiring messages on them. The Giving Keys encourages recipients to pay it forward by giving away their key to someone who needs to believe in the message.
- For the wildcard: Christie Cookie Co. Tins Your child’s favorite teacher? The mailman? Christie Cookie is perfect for anyone on your gift list. Their Cookies for Cause line donates a portion of the proceeds to your choice of: Monroe Carell Jr.’s Children Hospital at Vanderbilt, Folds of Honor Foundation, Gilda’s Club, or the Patriot Club Golf Event.
Are you giving any gifts this Christmas that benefit a charitable organization or cause? Leave me a comment below!