I wouldn’t classify myself as the “crafty” type, but even those of us that can’t cut in a straight line can get in touch with our creative bone with this high-low frayed hem DIY. Inspired by popular styles from Rag & Bone and J Brand, you can recreate this hip trend in less than 30 minutes and under $20.
- Head to your local Goodwill and find a pair of straight leg or skinny jeans. (I sized up because I wanted a more relaxed fit.)
- Cut off the bottom hem of each leg, right above the stitching.
- Try the jeans on and measure how high you want the front hem of the jeans. I chose 2 inches. (Feel free to cut off more or less depending on original length and personal preference.)
- Take off the jeans and turn them inside out. Measure up from the hem and make a couple of dashes.
- Use the seam ripper to remove the side seams up to marked lines. (If you don’t have a seam ripper, you can use scissor for this.)
- Using your dashes as a guide, cut across the front hem.
- Pull a few of the white threads on the front and back hem, creating a frayed look.
- Wash and dry your jeans before wearing to add additional fraying.
Would you like to see more easy DIYs ? Leave me a comment below with any suggestions! I love to hear your thoughts!
Don’t forget to pin this DIY for later!